During the NCO Development Town Hall held Nov. 3, someone asked why Soldiers didn’t have a school date within a month of the selection list being released. In answering the question, Command Sgt. Maj. David Davenport mentioned a U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command program called the Institutional Training Common Operational Picture, or ITCOP. He also addressed a perceived capacity issue and how Soldiers should log on to ITCOP to see the available Noncommissioned Officer Education System, or NCOES seats throughout the components.
My name is Cathy Fahsel, from TRADOC’s G-3/5/7 Training Operations Management Activity, and I’d like to share some information about the capabilities ITCOP can provide.
If you’ve ever wanted to get a quick look at available seats for professional military education, well now you can. ITCOP provides commanders, leaders and Soldiers enhanced analytical and reporting capability. Its dashboards are designed to provide visibility of unused and open seats available to personnel under various commands. The reports are presented in dashboard views that may be sorted, filtered and exported based on the user’s preferences and needs.
What is ITCOP?
- ITCOP is an Army Training Requirements and Resources System-managed tool that provides commanders and leaders an up-to-date status of training through multiple dashboards — the open seat dashboard, the fill rate dashboard and the school fill rate dashboard — to maximize training in a resource-constrained environment.
- ITCOP provides the ability to view available NCOES and military occupational specialty-training, or MOS-T, seats from 0-120 days of a class start date by military occupational specialty, career management field and location.
- ITCOP identifies available institutional training seats regardless of component within The Army School System, or TASS.
- Centers and schools can use ITCOP to track fill rates by MOS, course and school by simply checking or unchecking the boxes.
Why is ITCOP important to the Army?
- ITCOP offers commanders and leaders a holistic view of training slots available for NCOES and MOS-T courses across the United States.
- ITCOP enables commanders and leaders to efficiently monitor TASS capacity vacancies in near real-time and capitalize on opportunities to schedule Soldiers for training as needed.
- Supports Select, Train, Educate, Promote, or STEP.
If I find an available seat via ITCOP, am I guaranteed that seat?
- ITCOP does not guarantee the availability of a seat in ATRRS. ITCOP provides visibility of potentially available seats to users who may not already have direct access to this information.
- Command and ATRRS policy and procedures for obtaining an identified seat remain unchanged.
Who can use ITCOP?
- Soldiers with pay grades of E-5 through E-9 and O-3 and above are automatically granted access.
- Individuals with pay grades of E-8, E-9, O-5 and O-6 can delegate access to other users (civilians and Soldiers in pay grades below E-5). To delegate access, users navigate to the User Management section within ITCOP and select the “Add a Delegate” link. They will supply a name, social security number and email address. Upon selecting “Add Delegate,” an email notification will be sent to the new user with instructions to log in to ITCOP. The new user will then be required to log in to ITCOP with the common access card to confirm identity. At this point, the delegate will be allowed to access ITCOP.
For more information, visit https://www.atrrs.army.mil/ITCOP.
The main page looks like this and gives you a view of the available dashboards. Soldiers simply click on the “DASHBOARDS” tab to open up the menu.
There are six dashboards to choose from: MOS-T Open Seats, NCOES Open Seats, MOS-T Fill Rates, NCOES Fill Rates, MOT-T Fill Rates by School, and NCOES Fill Rates by School.
NCOES and MOS-T Open Seats dashboards enable commanders and leaders to quickly search for available MOS-T and NCOES seats by class location. Dashboards provide a map and data table view of open and unused seats by location and can be filtered by Report Data Range, Training Category, CMF, MOS, Quota Source and One Army School System, or OASS.
NCOES and MOS-T Fill Rates dashboards enable commanders and leaders to easily search and compare historical fill rates by component and training category. Dashboards provide interactive bar graph displays of fill rates that can be compared over time and across components and can be filtered by Fiscal Year, Training Category, CMF, MOS and Quota Source.
NCOES and MOS-T Fill Rates by School dashboards enable commanders and leaders to search and compare historical fill rates by command code, school code and training category. Dashboards provide interactive displays of fill rates that can be compared over time and across school codes and can be filtered by FY, Time Period, School, Command, School, Training Category, CMF and MOS.